1.24.2012

01/18/12: Sleigh Bells - Treats (2010)

01/18/12: Sleigh Bells - Treats (2010)


  1. Tell "Em
  2. Kids
  3. Riot Rhythm
  4. Infinity Guitars
  5. Run the Heart
  6. Rachel
  7. Rill Rill
  8. Crown on the Ground
  9. Straight A's
  10. A/B Machines
  11. Treats
     Sleigh Bells is made up of former Poison the Well Guitarist Derek E. Miller and apparently a former teen pop group member in singer Alexis Krauss. They are a noise pop duo.... That happens to be surprisingly accurate. Most songs on the album include heavy, distorted and fast guitars with a drum machine pumping out hard hitting bass and fighting with all of that are the clean, incredibly poppy vocals. There are a lot of really entertaining, quality songs on this album.
     I realize just how poppy this album is when i really focus on the singer, but fuck it shes got a great voice and the production is spectacular while being as far away from all of the pop music norms as possible. Add some guitars and distortion and I'm down. I don't normally listen to music that I could see other people dancing to, but it makes me wanna mosh sometimes... They cancel out... I bopped my head im not gonna lie. The change of pace that pops up with "Rill Rill" is a welcome break while still being a great song.
     I'm late to the party but I am really enjoying Sleigh Bells. Best part about being this late... Their next album is out at the end of February, so I'll be reviewing them again real soon.
     "What do the numbers on athlete's blouses mean?" (018)

No comments:

Post a Comment