8.19.2012

04/29/2012: Carcass - Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious (1991) [Crossover Review 6]

04/29/2012: Carcass - Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious (1991) [Crossover Review 6]


  1. Inpropagation
  2. Corporal Jigsore Quandary
  3. Symposium Of Sickness
  4. Pedigree Butchery
  5. Incarnated Solvent Abuse
  6. Carneous Cacoffiny
  7. Lavaging Expectorate of Lysergide Composition
  8. Forensic Clinicism: The Sanguine Article
  9. Tools Of The Trade
  10. Pyosified (Still Rotten To The Gore)
  11. Hepatic Tissue Fermentation II
     I am months behind on my entries. I am going to take an hour or so to rock out as many as I can in one sitting so I will keep these short. This is a long over-due crossover chosen by oksentaminen and you can read his review here. He is pretty much spot on for calling it Prog Death Metal as well as his line of "riffs on riffs". Its a really cool album. I enjoyed the long compositions and the music in general. The only reason I wasn't really into it was the vocals. I can appreciate the death metal growl/scream, but I tend to need a breather from vovcals of the type. I know why this album was chosen for me and it was  cool to hear bands that influenced or paved the way for bands I love like Between The Buried And Me. (120)

No comments:

Post a Comment