8.19.2012

(121A) (End of Month Theme: Band Recommendation) The Paper Chase - Someday This Could All Be Yours, Vol. 1 (2009)

(121A) (End of Month Theme: Band Recommendation) The Paper Chase - Someday This Could All Be Yours, Vol. 1 (2009)



  1. If Nobody Moves Nobody Will Get Hurt (The Extinction)
  2. I'm Going to Heaven with or without You (The Forest Fire)
  3. The Common Cold (The Epidemic)
  4. The Laying of Hands The Speaking  in Tongues (The Mass Hysteria)
  5. Your Money or Your Life (The Comet)
  6. What Should We Do with Your Body (The Lightning)
  7. This Is a Rape (The Flood)
  8. The Small of YOur Back The Nape of Your Neck (The Blizzard)
  9. This Is Only a Test (The Tornado)
  10. We Have Ways to Make You Talk (The Human Condition)
     End of a month that ended a few months ago. I am not even entirely sure I followed the theme I picked hahaha. I think I said it was bands that the other writer introduced us to. This is technically another crossover, but oksentaminen played this album for me in Mid May and it blew me away. He definitely knows the stuff I like. This band is an incredible melding of dissonance and darkness with a catchy pop sensibility. It has elements of bands like cursive and bright eyes. Dissonance, grandiose and large compotions and bands, and angry, shaky vocals. I highly recommend all of their albums. I have listened to 4 of their 5 releases. Bummer that they broke up but The singers new band sounds like he will continue with this sound eventually (121)

No comments:

Post a Comment