8.19.2012

(123A) The Flaming Lips 2011: With Yoko Ono / Plastic Ono Band (2011)

(123A) The Flaming Lips 2011: With Yoko Ono / Plastic Ono Band (2011)



  1. The Fear of Litany
  2. Do It!
  3. Brain of Heaven
  4. untitled interlude
  5. Atlas Eats Christmas
  6. untitled outro
     I have a feeling that oksentaminen thought at least close to the same thing as me when he saw that this team up even happened and it was negative and doubtful. When i first saw that The Flaming Lips made an EP with Yoko Ono, I assumed it would be bad and not my favorite. I avoided listening to it for quite awhile and when I finally did, I was proved wrong. It definitely fits in with all the other experimental EPs from 2011 but it ended up being one of my favorites. It was less experimental from many of the others and is almost the opposite ofr the Lightning Bolt release i just reviewed. Surprisingly good stuff, and once again, a couple tracks from this were featured on "Heady Fwends". (123)

No comments:

Post a Comment