5.01.2012

04/16/12: Geotic - Realms (2010)

04/16/12: Geotic - Realms (2010)

  1. The Hell 
  2. The Hungry Ghost
  3. The Animal
  4. The Human
  5. The Jealous God
  6. The God
     This is another free release by Geotic. He has released quite a few albums over his few years of existence. I liked this album but I didn't love it and thats based on my personal preference when it comes to this type of music. All 6 of these tracks are droning long ambient loops. I guess they are based off of some sort of cycle in Buddhist beliefs. This is definitely not an album I would go out of my way to listen to for enjoyment, but the droning relaxed mood of this album has served as great concentration music while working. It doesn't distract from what I'm working on but it fills in the quiet gaps. I guess thats what this kind of music is for though. Realms was well done, is very consistent but just didn't have the variety or interest of other Geotic albums. Quality if you like ambient drone. (107)

No comments:

Post a Comment