5.01.2012

The Nighty Nite - Dimples

I Should Have Warned You But I've Had A Little Time To Make Some Enemies 




#115) The Nighty Nite - Dimples (2011)

 1. Dimes in Their Dimples
 2. This Silly Bag
 3. In My Hospital Gown
 4. Meaningless


the Nighty Nite is the new band from the Paper Chase's (a band that will definitely be popping up here soon) John Congleton and this is their debut ep. the music reminds me of Ugly Organ era Cursive mixed with maybe Ben Folds poppiness and something else i can't quite put my finger on. the label claims the band "sounds like the soundtrack to a tragic black comedy, as if Woody Allen made a horror movie about a punk rock band." i'd say that's a pretty good description. as far as i know this is the bands only recorded output. i really hope to hear more from these guys soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment