1.17.2012

01/09/12: The Notwist - Neon Golden (2002)

01/09/12: The Notwist - Neon Golden (2002)


  1. One Step Inside Doesn't Mean You Understand
  2. Pilot
  3. Pick Up The Phone
  4. Trashing Days
  5. This Room
  6. Solitaire
  7. One with the Freaks
  8. Neon Golden
  9. Off the Rails
  10. Consequence
     This album has been in my collection for a long time. I knew a few songs from the album really well. I would tend to put songs from this album on various mix CDs but I never listened to it in its entirety. That proved to be a mistake. It is a really solid album that I regret not listening to sooner.
     After doing my research they are described as a German Indie band. I don't know if I'd describe it the same way. If i had to make comparisons I'd say they sound like a less experimental The Books or Tunng.
Its a very nice mix of electronic beats with acoustic instrumentation. I like the singers voice and the songs are built very nicely. This is a quality album and highly recommended. Every song is worth while and I think that's demonstrated by the fact that my key track choices are a majority of the album. I will probably be grabbing some of their other albums in the near future. (009)

No comments:

Post a Comment