1.24.2012

01/20/12: Today is the Day - Temple of the Morning Star (1997) [Crossover review 1]

01/20/12: Today is the Day - Temple of the Morning Star (1997) [Crossover review 1]





  1. Temple Of The Morning Star (acoustic)
  2. The Man Who Loves To Hurt Himself
  3. Blindspot
  4. High As The Sky
  5. Miracle
  6. Kill Yourself
  7. Mankind
  8. Pinnacle
  9. Crutch
  10. Root Of All Evil
  11. Satan Is Alive
  12. Rabid Lassie
  13. Friend For Life
  14. My Life With You
  15. I See You
  16. Hermaphrodite
  17. Temple Of The Morning Star (electric)
     The rules were already roughly explained by oksentaminen but this is my first crossover review. We decided that every 20th entry we will be listening to and writing up an album from the other persons already chosen albums. Here's a quick breakdown of the "rules".

          1. I picked which of my albums to listen to for oksentaminen. I had this privilege due to the
             fact that he will be picking our first end of the month theme album.
          2. I picked one of oksentaminen's albums to listen to myself.
          3. Every 20 picks we switch. He'll pick which album of his I review for my 40th entry

     I just listened to Temple of the Morning Star by Today Is The Day. I'm not going to go into background or history because oksentaminen covered it quite thoroughly in his write up (see here: Temple of the Morning Star)
     I am not the hugest metal head, but I can always appreciate a metal album that steps outside the norm. I was able to tell almost immediately that i would enjoy this album as it opened with a very interesting aoustic track. I always enjoy a little thinking outside the box and experimentation in music and this was no exception. It had its acoustic moments, very melodic moments, and then the straight up metal and grindcore moments. I found that i enjoyed the songs that had that almost stoner metal feel to them. I really liked that this album had so many ups and downs. I like metal music, but I like to be able to take a breather sometimes. I had never even heard of Today is the Day until this project and I'm glad this was my first crossover choice. Good show Mr. Austin and good call oksentaminen. (020)

No comments:

Post a Comment