1.23.2012

01/17/12: Foxy Shazam - The Church of Rock & Roll (2012)

01/17/12: Foxy Shazam - The Church of Rock & Roll (2012)


  1. Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll
  2. I Like It
  3. Holy Touch
  4. Last Chance at Love
  5. Forever Together
  6. (It's) Too Late Baby
  7. I Wanna Be Yours
  8. Wasted Feelings
  9. The Temple
  10. The Streets
  11. Freedom
     So, it ends up Foxy Shazam had their 4th studio album coming out. I discovered it over the weekend and gave it a couple listens. We've officially lost Foxy Shazam. It's really not a good album at all. Their last release "Foxy Shazam" showed that they planned on sounding more like Queen than the strange experimental metal band that they started off as on "Flamingo Trigger". I really liked their last album. I mean, Queen did kinda rock. I enjoyed Foxy Shazams quirky approach to that style of Rock. Eric Nally still added those strange vocal touches that really made "Foxy Shazam" an entertaining album.
     On the new release "The Church of Rock and Roll" they fully embrace that desire to sound like Queen and it kinda fucking sucks. It was produced by Justin Hawkins of The Darkness (first warning its gonna suck) Its like listening to the poppiest of 80's era Queen and i give it a Giant "meh. If I listened to this album and didn't know it was Foxy Shazam, I might be able to embrace a few of these songs but I know its them and it officially hurts my feelings that they sound like this now. Their last album had catchier, stronger yet stranger songs and this albums tracks are mostly painfully average. "The Church..." was less heavily produced than the last album, and they use their horn player more substantially, but those horn parts are mostly corny or laughable. Apparently they belong to the general public now... not people that loved their first album. I saw this coming but i didn't think they would make a change to their sound of this magnitude. (017)


No comments:

Post a Comment