1.18.2012

01/11/12: Murder by Death - Red of Tooth and Claw (2008)

01/11/12: Murder by Death - Red of Tooth and Claw (2008)


  1. Comin' Home
  2. Ball & Chain
  3. Rumbrave
  4. Fuego!
  5. Theme (for Ennio Morricone)
  6. A Second Opinion
  7. Steal Away
  8. Ash
  9. The Black Spot
  10. 52 Ford
  11. Spring Break 1899
     I've liked Murder by Death since the first time I heard them. I've bought all of their albums and listened to all of them thoroughly. That is excluding this one of course. I listened to this one as soon as it came out and it was the only one of their albums to not really catch my ear. So, I decided to give Red of Tooth and Claw another listen. This is my first entry that is a straight up second chance.
     Upon this second (and third) listening, my opinion is for the most part unchanged. It is just my least favorite of their releases. Overall it is an average album. They brought nothing new to the table on this release and it led to some boring songs. There are still some standout tracks for me though and they were mostly on the tail end of the album. "Theme" was an impressive ode to spaghetti western scores. The album closes with the most interesting track. It has a very 50s vibe. A couple tracks saved an otherwise underwhelming record. (011)

No comments:

Post a Comment