1.24.2012

01/19/12: Gonjasufi - MU.ZZ.LE (2012)

01/19/12: Gonjasufi - MU.ZZ.LE (2012)


  1. White Picket Fence
  2. Feedin' Birds
  3. Nikels And Dimes
  4. Rubberband
  5. Venom
  6. Timeout
  7. Skin
  8. The Blame
  9. Blaksuit
  10. Sniffin'
     Gonjasufi is a rapper, singer, dj, and yoga teacher. I'm also gonna assume he likes drugs in some way shape or form. I only looked into him because he sang on a track off of the Flying Lotus album I reviewed earlier in this project, Los Angeles. This album is a melting pot of genres. It's hip hop with lo-fi production at its core, but its very experimental, with touches of reggae, trip hop, and psychedelic rock.
     Muzzle is a very down-tempo trippy crawl. His vocals are on the verge of a drone or moan, but it works so well with the songs he has built. I feel like this album was made to hypnotize the listener which I guess is right up my alley lately. I would love to hear some of his beats if he does his own production because they're pretty awesome. I think I need to give this one a couple more listens just so that I can maybe understand it more. As of right now... I like the album a lot... (019)

No comments:

Post a Comment