1.10.2012

01/02/12: Do Make Say Think - You, You're A History in Rust (2007)

01/02/12: Do Make Say Think - You, You're A History in Rust (2007)

  1.  Bound to Be That Way
  2. A With Living
  3. The Universe!
  4. A Tender History In Rust
  5. Herstory of Glory
  6. You, You're Awesome
  7. Executioner Blues
  8. In Mind
     A Canadian Post Rock band that I came across thanks to a co-worker. I had only heard 2 albums by them and will probably make it through the rest of their catalog during this project. I hate the term Post-Rock, but the do make great instrumental music (despite the curve ball of the first 2 songs I've heard from them with vocals). Occasional banjo and brass add a lot of depth and originality as far as this type of music goes. I really enjoyed this album and will definitely go back to it. If I had to describe their sound in one strange sentence.... "They sound like a folk symphony playing in a snowstorm in the year 2050" Yeah, I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. (002)


No comments:

Post a Comment