1.30.2012

01/23/12: Dave Attell - Skanks for the Memories (2003)

01/23/12: Dave Attell - Skanks for the Memories (2003)

  1. Odd Look
  2. Drinking Tips
  3. Fun Happens Late
  4. Travel
  5. Flying
  6. Bus Station
  7. Unfuckables
  8. Tattoos
  9. Smoking
  10. Lonely Bug
  11. I Miss My Dad
  12. Fireworks
  13. Homophobic
  14. Midget Friend
  15. Parrot
  16. Condoms
  17. Love
  18. Gambling
  19. Shaved Pubes
  20. Religion
  21. Drugs
  22. Breast Feeding
  23. Sex With Animals
  24. Amish Sex
  25. Dick Jokes
  26. Sex Store
  27. Masturbation
  28. Find the Smell
     I really need to play some catch up today. I listened to this album a couple times last week. Reviewing comedy is rough for me so I'll try to get this point across as best I can. Dave Attell is a very well respected New York Comedian. He is more widely known for his early 2000's Comedy Central show "Insomniac with Dave Attell". This album is a collection of his material from around that time period. It's the only CD of standup he has released... He has had 3 or 4 DVD stand up specials released since this album.
     I find it surprising that I had yet to listen to any of his comedy specials with all the stand-up i listen to. Attell is definitely a Comedian's Comedian. I decided to finally listen to "Skanks for the Memories" due to all the other Comedians that I have heard mention him positively. This album was a pretty extensive collection of his material of that period. He has humor that will get frat boys and humor that appeals to smarter weirder crowds. He was masterful on this album at starting with a normal premise and then letting it spiral out of control into much stranger jokes than you would expect. He's dirty, smart and a bit quirky. Very good album. I definitely want to see/hear some of his more current material. (023)

No comments:

Post a Comment