1.13.2012

01/04/12: Gold Panda - Lucky Shiner (2010)

01/04/12: Gold Panda - Lucky Shiner (2010)


  1. You
  2. Vanilla Minus
  3. Parents
  4. Same Dream China
  5. Snow & Taxis
  6. Before We Talked
  7. Marriage
  8. I'm With You But I'm Lonely
  9. After We Talked
  10. India Lately
  11. You. 
     This album is an electronic artist from the UK that I stumbled upon due to comparisons to Anticon signed electronic artist Baths. I can see how they could be compared but at the same time they are very different. I generally don't know how to label Electronic music genres, but I guess I would describe this as ambient/glitch. It basically jumps between the 2 styles. I enjoyed this album for the most part. There were some tracks that were a little too stereotypically dancey for me but there were many tracks at the other end of the spectrum that really caught my ear. The opener and closer named "You" and "You." respectively are both quite enjoyable. Track 9 has a nice chiptune touch and though I didn't include it as a highlight track "India Lately" was a pretty cool play on a world theme. (004)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment