1.13.2012

01/05/12: Triclops! - Helpers on the Other Side (2010)

01/05/12: Triclops! - Helpers on the Other Side (2010)

  1. Glaciers (Cry of the Modern Neanderthal)
  2. Brown Summer
  3. Until All the Threads Are Stripped
  4. Send Conan Home
  5. Homage to Monte Cassino (Red)
  6. With SARS, I'll Ride the Wind
     Alright... This is a band I randomly downloaded a while back for some reason or another. I saw their name while going through my music collection and decided to check out their newest album. I think it may have had something to do with Mars Volta comparisons.
     Their sound is definition Proggy and jumps around a lot within these 6 tracks. They go from sounding like Mars Volta if they were more faithful to their At The Drive-In roots to sounding like Daughters to sounding like a cock rock band to sounding very pop rock and finally a small touch of Zepplin for good measure. Good album. Nothing ground breaking as far as prog music goes, but the very punk vibe almost makes me wonder what Mars Volta could have been if they leaned in a different direction. (005)

No comments:

Post a Comment