3.26.2012

03/15/12: Shlohmo - Places E.P. (2011)

03/15/12: Shlohmo - Places E.P. (2011)


  1. Places
  2. Forgot I Was Here
  3. Thing I Lost
  4. Empty Pools
     Places is an EP from electronic artist Shlohmo. I wasn't able to find a ton of information about this release. It either came out before or after his 2nd full-length "Bad Vibes". "Places" is from the album and the other 3 track are B-sides from the same recording period. This E.P. and the Vacation E.P. are definitely good accompaniments to "Bad Vibes". Vacation was a step forward from the Bad Vibes sound, but "Places" has songs obviously from the same recording session. The atmospheric feel, fractured drum beats, warped vocal samples, and spacey guitar riffs are all as present on these songs and would have been welcome to me if they were included on the full-length. I'm glad he released these songs. Theres nothing like a satisfying collection of B-Sides to an album you love.  (075)

No comments:

Post a Comment