3.14.2012

03/07/12: Boris - Pink (2005)

03/07/12: Boris - Pink (2005)


  1. Farewell
  2. Pink
  3. Woman on the Screen
  4. Nothing Special
  5. Blackout
  6. Electric
  7. Pseudo-Bread
  8. Afterburner
  9. Six, Three Times
  10. My Machine
  11. Just Abondoned My-Self
     I heard of Boris through Henry Rollins' Twitter and then when I asked oksentaminen if I should be listening to Boris his reaction that now evades me caused these guys to be on my list. I had flipped through a few tracks on a couple albums. They sounded rad but I haven't had a chance to listen to an album until now. I did a bit of research and Pink seemed to be a favorite of a lot of Boris Fans but I am aware that Boris make music across a broad range of genres from album to album. They came from the Japanese hardcore punk scene but of the music I've flipped through there seems to be a drone or sludge metal basis on a lot of their albums. But I have also noticed much noisier tracks and even really poppy stuff
     Pink was definitely a great introduction to these guys. I loved pretty much every track which is funny because the first track got boring. They are just an awesome rock band. The Drone Metal, Sludge Metal and Harcore Punk influences were all clearly present but this album pretty much does a bit of everything in the terms of rock music. Slow almost ambient tracks bookended by a punk track and a straight up Rock and roll song. The album closes with an 18 minute sludge rock epic that was an even more impressive conclusion to an extremely impressive album. Definitely plan to visit more Boris albums in this project. (067)




No comments:

Post a Comment