3.05.2012

03/01/12: Bryan Scary and the Shredding Tears (2012)

03/01/12: Bryan Scary and the Shredding Tears (2012)


  1. The Wicked Frontier
  2. Ziegfield Station
  3. Cable Through Your Heart
  4. The Silver Lake Mining Company
  5. Diamonds!
  6. Ballroom Kid
  7. You Might Be Caught in Tarantella
  8. The Tale Of Opal Dawn
  9. Faintess Moody: Outlaw
  10. Another Ace in the Hole
  11. Red Baron (Of Arizona)
  12. Owe Mister O
  13. Day-Glo Waterfalls
  14. Quicksilver Daisy Day
  15. Data Mountain
     This is the third full-length by Bryan Scary and his second with The Shredding Tears. The album is being officially released in April of this year. The funds for this albums recording were raised via Kickstarter. I thoroughly enjoyed their previous effort "The Flight of the Knife" so I gladly donated to their Kickstarter because I would have been sad if they didn't get another album out. All of these facts is exactly why I have a legal digital copy of the album. I am still waiting for my hard copy as well as some other rewards for donating, but he sent all of the contributors this early digital copy which was great because i have been waiting to hear some results for a while.
     I will say immediately that I am very glad I donated to this album. It was very much worth the wait. I've listened to the album a few times and its really entertaining. I became a fan of Bryan Scary due to his unique sound. It is piano-driven-prog-pop-rock. That description worked accurately but this album was also a concept album set in a western setting and that theme is reflected within the songs on this album. His music has everything it had before but the western theme is ever-present on this album without being overdone. This album may be even more proggy than their last. Almost every song goes through constant shifts in sound. The western parts build up and pop in at all the right spots in all the most entertaining ways possibly. Really a great, catchy and interesting album. I am going to have to listen a couple more times and read the lyrics when my hard-copy comes to get more of a grasp on the story but I am sure it is all tied together musically. Fun album, definitely on the more poppy end of my music spectrum, but I still recommend it. (061)

No comments:

Post a Comment