3.28.2012

03/21/12: Volcano! - Beautiful Seizure (2006)

03/21/12: Volcano! - Beautiful Seizure (2006)

  1. Kalamazoo
  2. Easy Does It
  3. Fire Fire
  4. $40,000 Plus Interest
  5. Larchmontt's Arrival
  6. La Lluvia
  7. Red and White Bells
  8. Apple or a Gun
  9. Frozen in Escape
  10. Before the Suburbs
  11. Hello Explosion
  12. Pulling My Face In and Out of Distortion, I Blink Too Much
     Volcano! is a band I discovered during this project when oksentaminen made the end of January's theme "Local Bands". Still is probably one of my favorite discoveries of the project. I reviewed their second full-length Paperwork and it blew me away. This is their first and only other full-length so far. This album was also really good, but I need to give it a couple more listens. In comparison to Paperwork, Beautiful Seizure is a bit more avant-garde, art rock, and experimental. Paperwork was all of those things as well but at a different ratio. I really enjoyed this album, there was a lot more noisey parts and erratic electronic and off timed moments, but there's still the crazy catchy rockin out moments as well. I really love this singer. He jumps around so much from crazy and almost growling to parts that are almost opera like. He sings back and forth between English and Spanish. The only thing negative I feel the need to say is that I wish the production quality was a little nicer, but its still pretty good for a first release. (081)

No comments:

Post a Comment