2.05.2012

02/04/12: Wyatt Cenac - Comedy Person (2011)

02/04/12: Wyatt Cenac - Comedy Person (2011)


  1. Introduction 
  2. Some Thoughts About Television
  3. Cats On The Internet
  4. Medieval Times
  5. High School Reunion
  6. Oreos, Apples & Jeeps
  7. Rosa Perks (sp?)
  8. Dogs are Racist
  9. An Old Fashioned Tea Party
  10. Gay Marriage & My Uncle Pete
  11. St. Patrick's Day
  12. Singles & Cosplay
  13. Making Slurry
     Wyatt Cenac is a Comedy writer, standup comedian and actor who is most well known as a correspondent and writer on "The Daily Show with John Stewart". I recently purchased a couple new standup albums that I had wanted to check out and "Comedy Person" was an album I was curious about since it released. Cenac was one of my favorites from "The Daily Show" and I had fairly high hopes for this CD. I listened to it a couple times due to the fact that I never really know how to go about reviewing a comedy album.
     The album is entertaining, smart and funny. Cenac's comedic voice while doing standup is very similar to the voice he uses on the Daily Show. He has a mix of observational humor, race jokes and some smarter political commentary. I had a couple good laughs while listening to this but it was by no means gut-busting hilarious. I was entertained, but I judge a lot of my stand-up albums by how much I could see myself playing it for other people, but I could see this one being mainly for me. Cenac put together a clever, smart album that I can recommend for some but not all. This wasn't my most intensive album review but I get lost trying to describe comedy. (035)

No comments:

Post a Comment