2.19.2012

2/16/12: Coaltar of the Deepers - Robot EP (2001)

2/16/12: Coaltar of the Deepers - Robot EP (2001)


  1. Joy Ride (edit)
  2. The System's Made of Greed
  3. Sarah3
  4. Mexico (Ver. 1)
  5. Astro Vs. Apatch
     Seeing that both of us have now listened to some Coaltar of the Deepers I figured I would do at least a few more entries for their stuff. The first 2 EPs I reviewed "Dog" and "Penguin" were so drastically different, and I enjoyed their more Metal stuff from the Penguin EP much more. I decided to figure out which parts of their catalog were more on the Metal and Electronic side of things. The first of those that I found was the "Robot EP".
     This EP jumps all over the place and was great. It opens with an amazing electronic song, that breaks way into an awesome metal song. From there they have what is possibly the heaviest Shoegaze track I've ever heard. Ends up i dig shoegaze when there is a heavy dose of metal influence. From there it brings it back down with a dreamy acoustic track with a guest female vocalist and to keep you off balance that leads into the heaviest track on the EP. This was another super enjoyable and incredibly A.D.D. EP from my new Favorite Japanese band. Next time I bring them up, I hope to have listened to one of their full lengths. (047)

No comments:

Post a Comment