2.10.2012

02/08/12: The Depreciation Guild - Spirit Youth (2010)

02/08/12: The Depreciation Guild - Spirit Youth (2010)



  1. My Chariot
  2. Crucify You
  3. Blue Lily
  4. Dream About Me
  5. November
  6. Trace
  7. A Key Turns
  8. Spirit Youth
  9. Through The Snow
  10. White Moth
     I recently reviewed The Depreciation Guild's first full-length album "In Her Gentle Jaws". I enjoyed it and also mentioned that I planned on checking out this one as well, so I'm just going to keep this short. I really did not like this album. The reason I fell in love with these guys was their use of chiptune sounds and on "Spirit Youth", that attribute is almost completely missing which leads to a boring album. The album opens with a chiptune melody that ended up being my favorite based on that alone. After the first track the chiptune sounds are missing. If you listen VERY closely you can hear it in the background which just doesn't cut it. You put the reason I listen to you deeply hidden in the background I lose interest. This album was basically a shoegaze album. Its a genre I'm not super interested in. I find it boring and the only reason I made an exception for these guys was due to their use of chip sounds. I think I can stop caring about these guys because they abandoned why I loved them. (039)

No comments:

Post a Comment