2.18.2012

02/13/12: Black Flag - Loose Nut (1985)

02/13/12: Black Flag - Loose Nut (1985)


  1. Loose Nut
  2. Bastard in Love
  3. Annihilate this Week
  4. Best One Yet
  5. Modern Man
  6. This Is Good
  7. I'm The One
  8. Sinking
  9. Now She's Black
     Apparently I am working backwards on this whole Black Flag thing. This is the album from before "In My Head" it was also released in 1985. I mentioned that Black Flag had a hard time maintaining an audience due to the fact of their ever changing style. I guess at one point Hank Rollins suggested not changing their style as much from album to album for that exact reason. After listening to "Loose Nut" I would say that the closest they got to maintaining a sound was in between "Loose Nut" and "In My Head". There is a much more present heavy metal sound than on earlier releases but it also has songs that sound more straightforward punk than on "In My Head". The album was alright but it definitely didn't blow me away. It lost my attention at times. It is probably near the bottom of the Black Flag albums I've listened to but it still had a couple solid tracks. (044)





No comments:

Post a Comment