4.16.2012

04/09/12: Patrice O'Neal - Mr. P (2012) [Crossover Review 5]

04/09/12: Patrice O'Neal - Mr. P (2012) [Crossover Review 5]

  1. Intro
  2. Can't Care
  3. Making Lots Of Money
  4. TSA
  5. Hate People Touching Me
  6. Obama
  7. Reparations
  8. Race War
  9. Tolu
  10. White Women Are Pleasant
  11. Black Women Get You Refunds
  12. White Women Get Cold
  13. Side Pussy
  14. The Corporation
  15. My Dogs
  16. Start A Hoe, Stay A Hoe
  17. I Like Hoes
     Here we are entry 100 already. I am a bit behind at the moment but I finally hit the century mark and therefore our next crossover review. Oksentaminen reviewed "Mr. P" a while back and I had been meaning to pick this up for quite sometime. I finally did pick it up. As much as I didn't want to do a stand-up album for a crossover, I had to because I was going to listen to it one way or another.
     It's still a bummer Patrice O'Neal passed away. He was super talented, super controversial and he was incredibly well respected within the comedy community. I highly recommend listening to his episode of the podcast "WTF with Marc Maron" if you want to get a feel for the type of guy he was and where his comedy comes from. He will talk about anything, fuck with the audience, make you gasp and make you think. I'm not gonna ramble on because oksentaminen really summarizes what he does well in the link I posted above. He's really entertaining, has really unique and shocking views of the world and he is not one to care what you think about him. He will be sorely missed and I wish I could have seen him in person. (100)

No comments:

Post a Comment