4.06.2012

(End of the Month Theme: 80's Metal) 03/31/12: Danzig - Danzig (1988)

(End of the Month Theme: 80's Metal) 03/31/12: Danzig -  Danzig (1988)


  1. Twist of Cain
  2. Not of This World
  3. She Rides
  4. Soul On Fire
  5. Am I Demon
  6. Mother
  7. Possession
  8. End of Time
  9. The Hunter
  10. Evil Thing
     I don't know why I have been resistant to Danzig for so long. For as long as I've known oksentaminen he has said how great he/they are. When oksentaminen made the end of March theme 80's metal, I was a little nervous that I wouldn't be able to find something I truly enjoy. I started searching around a bit and realized that the first Danzig album came out in 1988 and immediately knew I had found my theme album. The only song I had heard previously off of this album was of course "Mother", which I always thought was a rad track. I finally checked out the album and I feel stupid for avoiding this so long. It really is a perfect metal album. Every track was great. Their style isn't over the top metal, but just awesome rock. The whole album flows together nicely, Glenn Danzig's singing voice is spectacular and all of the songs are rad as hell. The album had its share of heavy and softer moments and somehow at times still felt like an 80's hair metal record yet was saved by Danzig's awesome singing voice.
     I am a damn fool for waiting this long to listen to a Danzig album but I am glad I finally did. I apologize to oksentaminen for avoiding this obviously essential metal band. Great album and great end of the month listen. (091)




No comments:

Post a Comment