4.04.2012

Morbid Angel - Illud Divinum Insanus & Illud Divinum Insanus: The Remixes

My Sickness Will Lay Claim




#95) Morbid Angel - Illud Divinum Insanus (2011)

 1. Omni Potens
 2. Too Extreme
 3. Existo Vulgore
 4. Blades For Baal
 5. I Am Morbid
 6. 10 More Dead
 7. Destructos Vs The Earth/Attack
 8. Nevermore
 9. Beauty Meets Beast
 10. Radikult
 11. Profundis - Mea Culpa







#96) Morbid Angel - Illud Divinum Insanus: The Remixes (2012)

Disc 1
 1. Laibach - I Am Morbid
 2. cEvin Key/Hiwatt Marshall - OmniDead
 3. Brain Leisure - Too Extreme
 4. The Toxic Avenger - 10 More Dead
 5. Malakwa - I Am Morbid
 6. Synascape - Too Extreme
 7. Punish Yourself vs Sonic Area - Destructos vs Earth
 8. HIV+ - Too Extreme
 9. Micropoint - I Am Morbid
 10. Metallyzer AKA John Lord Fonda - Too Extreme
 11. Evil Activities - Radikult
 12. Mixhell - Too Extreme
 13. Black Lung - I Am Morbid
 14. Mondkopf - Radikult
 15. Xytras - Existo Vulgore
 16. Toxic Engine - I Am Morbid

Disc 2
 1. Ahnst Anders - I Am Morbid
 2. Nachtmahr - Destructos Vs The Earth
 3. Skold - Profundis - Mea Culpa
 4. Black Strobe - 10 More Dead
 5. Miss Construction by Chris Pohl - Too Extreme
 6. Project Pitchfork - Destructos vs Earth
 7. Treponem Pal - 10 More Dead
 8. Scott Brown - I Am Morbid
 9. Fixhead - Radikult
 10. DJ Ruffneck - I Am Morbid
 11. Igorrr - Remixou Morbidou
 12. Tamtrum - I Am Morbid
 13. Tek-One - 10 More Dead
 14. Adrian - I Am Morbid
 15. The Horrorist - Existo Vulgore

 Bonus Download Tracks
 1. Combichrist - Destructos vs Earth
 2. Chrysalide - Nevermore
 3. Asche - Destructos vs Earth
 4. Sylvgheist Maelstrom - 10 More Dead
 5. Dead Sexy Inc. - I Am Morbid
 6. Roger Rotor - Radikult
 7. The Procesus - I Am Morbid
 8. Mulk - Existo Vulgore

so i decided to post both these albums together because they're what prompted me to listen to old Morbid Angel. it started when i heard there was going to be a remix album and it was going to have an Igorrr track on it. being an Igorrr fan i of course wanted the album but i figured i should hear the original album before checking out all the remixes. 

overall it isn't a horrible album. i liked quite a few tracks and there weren't any that were unlistenable or anything. i'm definitely curious to see what they do next.


as for the remix album, 2 discs, 31 tracks. the first pressing of the album also comes with a dropcard that lets you download 8 additional tracks for a total of about 3 hours worth of music. a few of these artists i knew but most i didn't. there are a lot of different electronic genres represented, from industrial and hardcore to clubby dance shit and dubstep (ugh). all in all you get 5 mixes of Destructos, 3 of Existo Vulgore, 12 of I Am Morbid, 4 of Radikult, 6 of Too Extreme and 5 of 10 More Dead and then a few random tracks.

about half of the remix tracks really stood out to me. decent enough

No comments:

Post a Comment