4.19.2012

04/12/12: Serengeti - Kenny Dennis E.P. (2012)

04/12/12: Serengeti - Kenny Dennis E.P. (2012)

  1. Rib Tips
  2. Don't Blame Steve
  3. Shazam
  4. Top That
  5. Kenny Dennis
  6. Flat Pop
     I'm going to be working backwards a bit, but this is the most recent release by Serengeti and his most recent release under his Kenny Dennis Alter Ego. I just don't think I want to take a ton of time explaining this. Kenny Dennis is a middle aged white dude from chicago with a thick Chicagoan accent that loves everything Chicago. The Blackhawks, the Bulls, the Cubs, Sausages, Brian Dennehy etc. Serengeti has released 3 full lengths as Kenny Dennis and has created a ridiculous and deep back story including beefs with KMFDM and Shaq. I haven't listened to the full lengths yet but I know I will because I get easily obsessed with this type of ridiculousness. The story with this album is that it is a prequel of sorts and has a more old school feel. Rib Tips is about food...He defends Steve Bartman, and he addresses his beef with Shaq in Shazam. What the fuck is happening. It's even more confusing that he is dedicated to a character that isn't as good at rapping as his real self is. Of course I like this and will be listening to more. The production is done by Jel and Odd Nosdam from anticon, so needless to say, I'm into it. They create a much more old school feel on some of the "older" songs and they blend a lot of disparate genres. Definitely gonna dig deeper on this one. I don't know whom to recommend this to but I'm in for now. Maybe I'll learn more on the full-lengths. (103)

No comments:

Post a Comment