4.15.2012

Dodecahedron - Dodecahedron

Man Will Fade In Front Of The Pillars Of Chaos




#103) Dodecahedron - Dodecahedron (2012)

 1. Allfather
 2. I, Chronocrator
 3. Vanitas
 4. Descending Jacob's Ladder
 5. View From Hverfell I: Head Above The Heavens
 6. View From Hverfell II: Inside Omnipotent Chaos
 7. View From Hverfell III: A Traveller Of The Seed Of The Earth
 
there's a great interview with vocalist M. Eikenaar and guitarist/songwriter M. Nienhuis over at Metal Obscur where they discuss how they would classify themselves musically (M. Nienhuis: When I was writing for DODECAHEDRON, I wanted to create music that is heavily rooted in the black metal genre. That was the starting point. But I felt there was more to gain when it comes to dismal atmospheres and aggression, and that I think is where we differ from other bands. When I started collaborating with J. Bonis I started to learn about sound synthesis, and with his skills there are no limits. We wanted to increase the levels of terror and dismal atmosphere, and if you look at the reviews that have been published so far, it seems that we have succeeded. So: black metal with a lot of aggression and dismal atmosphere would be a correct description. ) and if they're an "avant-garde" black metal band (M. Nienhuis: I don’t know and I don’t really care. People can categorize us as they wish, we can’t influence that and it’s not really important to us. We focused intensely on the production of this album with our own artistic vision and approach, not taking into account in what kind of scene we might end up or what people think of us.) it's always nice when a band says they don't give a fuck about genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment